Redware pottery is the oldest form of pottery made by the early German settlers in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.
The redware tradition in Lancaster County has continued until the present day. In 1962 we started to experiement with local red clays. Today our pottery has grown into one of the most popular folk potteries in the United States. From three generations of craftsmen, we have revived many old forms and techniques, among them are sgrafitto and slipware, both early forms of decorating redware.
All our pottery is made in an 1840 stone building, formerly a one room school. Additions to the old building include a kiln and clay mixing building with a handmade red clay tile roof.
Our main objective is to continue to hand make and hand sign each piece of pottery and keep the quality as high as possible. All of our pottery can be used safely with food and all of our glazes are lead free.
We hope you enjoy the pottery as much as we enjoy making it.